30.12.13

Into Night’s Dwelling

In trance I feel,
when day and night meet.
Sky kissing the earth,
showering its eternal love.
Sun and moon on my sides,
one crimson red and other pearly white.

Songs of birds,
concealed by chirping crickets.
Nocturnal flora opens eyes,
welcomes night with a delight.

Sun dips in ocean,
like a mermaid, swims away.
Moon rises above, beyond the cloudy blankets.

Day to night and night to day,
I am in awe of nature’s glory,
just waiting, to be written in a story.



12 comments:

  1. natures glory often brings me to awe, that is for sure...all the cycles, the rhythms....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem. Thanks for the illustration to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life and that which surrounds is sure a story

    ReplyDelete
  4. The passing of day into night is truely a magical experience. I love the picture you have to! I wish you all the best in the New Year Vandana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. I too am in awe of nature's beauty. This image is really cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I love the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful verses and the picture compliments your work..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature's glory very well expressed! Beautiful picture!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful...and that image reminds me of the tree of life. Is there anything nature cant teach us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful =) Happy New Years to you as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pic is perfect in collaborating with the poem. Light and shade in beautiful contrast. Wonderful take Vandana!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nature's glory is definitely a thing to behold!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for flying by. I appreciate your honest and critical comments.